The Laborer / Rigger is responsible for performing various rigging related activities with regards to moving oversized/over dimensional loads. General work activities involve offloading components from rail cars, barges or temporary/permanent foundations onto various transporters. Assists with multiple tasks during the duration of projects in a safe and efficient manner. This position reports directly to the Project Superintendent.
- General laborer activities as a crew member.
- Performs operation of various equipment (forklift/skid steer).
- Attaches loads to rigging equipment to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand or power tools.
- Signals or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting or moving loads in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
- Inspects and tests rigging equipment to ensure safety and reliability.
- Performs general physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting balancing, walking stooping, and handling of materials.
- Using either control mechanisms or direct activity to operate machines or processes (hand or power tools, hydraulic tools or precision measuring tools or equipment.)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience preferably in the heavy rigging, crane, construction or heavy trucking industry.
- Must speak and read fluent English in order to pass necessary safety training requirements to gain access into safety sensitive environments such as nuclear plants.
- Must have a clean criminal records history and subject to ongoing random Drug and Alcohol testing.