Edwards Moving & Rigging, an industry leader in Heavy Haul and Specialized Rigging, has an opening for the position of Project Manager – Nationwide Large Projects. This position is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of company projects have been thoroughly evaluated and executed. A successful candidate will be positioned near one of our operating regional offices in Shelbyville, KY, Nashville, TN, Greenville, SC, Akron, OH, Peoria, IL or Jacksonville, FL.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Assess and implement a plan of action to carry out multiple projects and to effectively communicate the details, status and equipment needs to management and our customers.
- Conducts and develops a detailed scope of each project identifying various needs such as route surveys, permits, equipment, support services, site requirements and other necessary resources.
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Communicates and coordinates with customer to identify and plan for anticipated project scheduling and mobilization of equipment and crew.
- Coordinates with various agencies to provide the necessary support and oversight including permitting agencies, city & governmental agencies, utility companies and other contractors and subcontractors.
- Identifies the necessary equipment needs for a project and coordinates with the foreman to ensure that the equipment is promptly delivered to the job site.
- Captures and maintains current project information on the Company Project Form (PF) file to meet changing needs and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Establishes and coordinates ongoing communication between the crew foreman and the customer to maintain proper planning and follow through.
- Identifies and maintains ongoing communication with key customer personnel and support agencies.
- Inspects work site to monitor progress and to ensure conformance with the overall scope of the project.
- Ensures that project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Assures project profitability by providing necessary oversight and controls.
Qualifications / Skills
- Must possess a strong value system through work ethic, honesty and integrity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or University is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with project management preferably in the rigging, construction or heavy trucking industry or a combination of both experience and education is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized, detailed and able to handle multiple critical and time sensitive tasks simultaneously.
- Must be extremely proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and able to utilize and interpret multiple different customer Information Technology platforms.
- PM Certification through the Project Management Institute is a plus.
Edwards Moving & Rigging offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and travel per diem.