Edwards Moving & Rigging is excited to announce the creation of its new Apprenticeship Program in partnership with the Kentucky Labor Cabinet. This new apprentice program is a great opportunity to begin a career in a specialized industry by learning all the needed skills AND while earning a paycheck.
This three-year apprenticeship in specialized transportation and rigging will provide each participant with both the experience and training from equipment manufacturers and operators to be an accomplished rigger. No prior experience is needed to join this program.
The program consists of 2000 hours of on-the-job training as well as 144 classroom hours per year. Participants will receive classroom instruction and hands on experiences with a wide array of subject matter including, transporter configurations, hydraulics, rigging equipment & terminology, gantry systems, signalman training and many more.
“Edwards Moving & Rigging is the first company in Kentucky to provide an apprenticeship of this kind,” said Labor Secretary Derrick Ramsey. “Apprenticeships provide a kind of forward-thinking solution that will help us prepare Kentucky for a skilled workforce. This is why I am proud to have Edwards Moving & Rigging join our ‘Kentucky Trained. Kentucky Built.’ network and I look forward to the success this program will bring to Shelby County.”
Start your Career TODAY!
Specialized Transportation & Rigging Apprenticeship Program:
- Starting rate of pay of $15.00 per hour.
- $75.00 per day per diem
- Comprehensive benefits package – medical, dental, vision, 401K plan (with match), per diem, bonus, etc.
- 2000 hours of on-the-job training per year.
- 144 hours of classroom training per year.
- Training subject matter includes, transporter configurations, hydraulics, rigging equipment & terminology, gantry systems, signalman training and much more.
- No prior experience required.
200 Everett Hall Road
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Phone: (800) 404-6064
Fax: (502) 633-6494