Edwards Moving & Rigging, an industry leader in Heavy Haul and Specialized Rigging, has an opening for the position of Project Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of company projects have been thoroughly evaluated and executed. A successful candidate will be positioned near one of our operating regional offices in Shelbyville, KY, Nashville, TN, Greenville, SC, Akron, OH, Peoria, IL or Jacksonville, FL.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Assess and implement a plan of action to carry out multiple projects and to effectively communicate the details, status and equipment needs to management and our customers.
- Conducts and develops a detailed scope of each project identifying various needs such as route surveys, permits, equipment, support services, site requirements and other necessary resources.
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Communicates and coordinates with customer to identify and plan for anticipated project scheduling and mobilization of equipment and crew.
- Coordinates with various agencies to provide the necessary support and oversight including permitting agencies, city & governmental agencies, utility companies and other contractors and subcontractors.
- Identifies the necessary equipment needs for a project and coordinates with the foreman to ensure that the equipment is promptly delivered to the job site.
- Captures and maintains current project information on the Company Project Form (PF) file to meet changing needs and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Establishes and coordinates ongoing communication between the crew foreman and the customer to maintain proper planning and follow through.
- Identifies and maintains ongoing communication with key customer personnel and support agencies.
- Inspects work site to monitor progress and to ensure conformance with the overall scope of the project.
- Ensures that project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Assures project profitability by providing necessary oversight and controls.
Qualifications / Skills
- Must possess a strong value system through work ethic, honesty and integrity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or University is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with project management preferably in the rigging, construction or heavy trucking industry or a combination of both experience and education is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized, detailed and able to handle multiple critical and time sensitive tasks simultaneously.
- Must be extremely proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and able to utilize and interpret multiple different customer Information Technology platforms.
- PM Certification through the Project Management Institute is a plus.