Edwards Moving & Rigging is an industry leader in heavy haul and specialized rigging. We are currently accepting applications/resumes for the position of a Receptionist. This position will be based out of the headquarters office in Shelbyville, KY. This position provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
• Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
• Greets and directs visitors to the company.
• Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
• Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
• Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
• Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
• Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
• Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
• Assist the Director of Safety and Risk Management in maintaining MSDS sheets, logging Contractor hours, alerting upcoming jobs that require JHA’a and other admin assistance.
• Send to Project Superintendents and receive back required paperwork for current projects both electronically and in paper format.
• Cover operations responsibilities when Office Manager is out of the office.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One year administrative support experience.
• Communication— the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Interpersonal skills — developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Products and have an overall comfort using a computer and e-mail.
• Knowledgeable with basic office equipment (calculator, multi-function copier, fax machine)
• Ability to multi task.
• Primarily a sedentary role. Occasion walking, stooping, bending is required.
More Career Opportunities
- Apprenticeship Program
- Project Manager - Nationwide Large Projects
- Welder / Fabricator
- CDL Driver
- CDL Licensed/Rigger – All Locations
- Sales Representative Southeast Region
- Sales Representative Tennessee Valley Mid-Atlantic Region
- Project Manager - Southeast Region
- Project Manager - Tennessee Valley Mid-Atlantic Region