Under the direction of the Fabrication Shop Supervisor, the Welder / Fabricator will weld and fabricate metal components with welding equipment to fit and join, fabricate, and or repair heavy haul components, transport vehicles, and tooling per Engineering specification.
- Perform duties using wire welding GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding), or SMAW (Stick Welding)
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, steel, and other alloys.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in welding or fabricating.
- Certification in welding preferred.
- Heavy Equipment fabricating experience preferred.
- High attention to detail.
- Must possess great work ethic and leadership skills.
- Ability to read and understand engineering blue prints.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to manipulate tools and assembly components involving fine and gross motor skills sufficient to demonstrate welding job tasks.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the company.
Environment and Physical Demands
- Specific vision capabilities-close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, adjust focus, and good hand and eye coordination.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repetitively.
- Frequently lift, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl, and walk.
- Outdoor weather elements.